ECM General Assembly last week saw the implementation of ECM Strategy 2017-2020 first steps, with the creation of an additional Vice-President position dedicated to City Marketing.
During ECM International Conference in Dubrovnik gathering 200 persons last week, Dieter Hardt-Stremayr (Graz, Austria) was elected the Association’s President for a duration of two years. The General Assembly also appointed Petra Stusek (Ljubljana, Slovenia) as Vice-President dedicated to Leisure & Tourism and Eduard Pieter Oud (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) as Vice-President dedicated to City Marketing.
The current ECM Board members
The newly elected board members are as follows: Ignasi de Delas (Barcelona, Spain), Bettina Reventlow-Mourier (Copenhagen, Denmark), Barbara Jamison (London, United Kingdom), Nicolas Lefebvre (Paris, France) and Marta Stawinska (Poznan, Poland).
Bettina Bunge (Dresden, Germany) pursues her role as Vice-President dedicated to the Meetings Industry and Philippe Vignon (Geneva, Switzerland) carries on with his role as Treasurer. Pier Paolo Mariotti (Bolzano, Italy), Erwin Van de Wiele (Ghent, Belgium) and Goran Pavlovic (Opatija, Croatia) continue their mandates as ECM Board Members.
“It’s a real honour for me to have been elected ECM President once again. It really shows the trust that ECM members have in me. But this responsibility is also a challenge considering the difficult times and the transformations that DMOs are facing. But I am convinced that our strategic approach focusing on city marketing and the balance between residents, business travellers and visitors will help our destinations in their holistic position to stand still. I am really thrilled to take part in this adventure” said freshly elected ECM President, Dieter Hardt-Stremayr.
Current ECM Executive Committee:
- Dieter Hardt-Stremayr, President (Managing Director, Graz Tourist Office)
- Petra Stusek, Vice-President Leisure & Tourism (CEO, Ljubljana Tourism)
- Bettina Bunge, Vice-President Meetings Industry (Managing Director, Dresden Marketing)
- Eduard Pieter Oud, Vice-President City Marketing (COO, Amsterdam Marketing)
- Philippe Vignon, Treasurer (General Manager, Geneve Tourisme & Congres)
- Ignasi de Delas, (Deputy General Manager, Turisme de Barcelona)
- Pier Paolo Mariotti (Meeting Manager, EURAC Convention Centre Bolzano)
- Bettina Reventlow-Mourier (Deputy Convention Director, Wonderful Copenhagen)
- Erwin Van de Wiele (CEO, Ghent Tourist Office)
- Barbara Jamison (Head of Business Development – Europe, London & Partners)
- Goran Pavlovic (Head, Opatija Convention and Incentive Bureau)
- Nicolas Lefebvre (CEO, Office du Tourisme et des Congres de Paris)